Information We Collect
We collect different categories of personal information depending on your interaction with us. The key categories and types of personal information that we may collect and process are set out below.
- Contact Information: When you create an account on our Sites, sign up for our mailing list, rsvp for an event, enquire about our products or services, or otherwise communicate or interact with us, we may collect your name, title, email address, mailing address, or telephone number.
- Identifiers: When you visit our Sites, we may collect your IP address, user name, account number, password or other security information for authentication and access.
- Geolocation Data: When you visit our Sites, we may collect the general region or area from which you access our site.
- Usage Data: When you visit our Sites, we may collect data concerning your Internet or other electronic activity including browsing and click history, device types, operating system, browser settings, IP address, language settings, or Site use data including information about how you navigate the Site, other websites, and the Internet.
- Social Media Profiles: When you interact with us or our Sites through various social media networks, such as when you like us on Facebook or when you follow us or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your profile information, user ID associated with your social media account, or any other information you allow the social network to share with third parties.
- User Generated Content: When you contact us directly, e.g., by email, phone, mail or by completing an online form or by participating in an online chat or post on our Sites, we will record your comments and opinions or any information that you choose to provide.
- Audio/Visual Data: When you visit one of our offices or event booths or submit photos or videos to us, we may collect audio, electronic, photographic, visual or similar data including videos, photographs, or audio recordings.
- Commercial Information: When you inquire about our products or services or provide us information regarding products or services you considered or purchased, we may collect records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories.
- Health Information: When our customers provide such information to us while using our services, we may collect health information such as health history, medications, treatment history, name, or medical record information. We also collect this information from our employees in connection with requests for leaves, accommodations and/or benefits administration.
- Applicant Data: When you apply for a position with us, we may collect your contact information, resume information, education history, work history, certifications, qualifications, compensation history, or references.
- Employment Information: When you accept a position for employment with us, we may collect your contact information, benefit information, social security number, date of birth, immigration information, dependent information, Health insurance information, health information, and driver’s license information, or other government identification information.
- Financial Information: If you accept a position for employment, we may collect your tax identification number, financial or bank account information, tax-related information, wire instructions, payment card number, payment card expiration date and CVV code, card or account security details, or billing address
- Inferences: We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to draw inferences about you. For example, we may combine information we have with information that we have collected: (i) offline and online, (ii) across other third-party sites, (iii) across devices, such as computers and mobile devices, and (iv) from a third party. We may also use information from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitudes.
- Sensitive Information: We may also collect certain Personal Information that is deemed “sensitive” under local law, such as information about health, medical information, disability status, financial information, religious beliefs, ethnicity, gender identity, political opinions or trade union membership, sexual life and orientation, biometric information, passwords or information about criminal records or civil litigation history. We will only process Sensitive Personal Information with your consent, pursuant to our contractual relationship with you, and/or where permitted by applicable governing law.
Methods of Collecting Information
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, demographic information, identifiers, commercial information, or health information, that you provide directly to us.
- From our customers: We collect contact information, demographic information, identifiers, commercial information, audio/ visual data, or health information from our customers through the use of our products and services.
- audio/ visual data When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, or usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, commercial information, health information, audio/ visual data, or inferences from third parties, including investor relations companies, research institutions, service providers, and public authorities.
- From social media platforms and networks: We may collect contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, usage data, commercial information, or audio/visual data from social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our websites or mobile applications, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Privacy Shield Notice and Policy
EU-US Privacy Shield and protecting EU personal data transfers
Celigo Privacy Shield Certification:
Celigo Inc. has self certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the transfer of personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to the United States.
With respect to personal information processed on behalf of our EEA and Swiss business customers, under EU privacy laws, Celigo inc. is generally considered a “data processor.” For example, an EEA business customer may use a Celigo Connector to process data in an integration between two SaaS applications containing names, email addresses, and other personal information about its customers. As part of Celigo providing services to the business customer, this personal information of consumers may be transferred through Celigo’s US Integrator.io or Cloud Extend production environment located in Amazon Web Services AWS East (Virginia) data center region in the U.S. under our Privacy Shield certification, or Standard Contractual Clauses, as described below.
Please note that when Celigo uses service providers to process personal information received in reliance on Privacy Shield, it is responsible if that service provider processes the information in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, or the Model Clauses. (unless Celigo can prove that it’s not responsible for the service provider’s action that violated the Principles).
Celigo is liable and remains responsible for any of your personal information that is shared under the Onward Transfer Principle with third parties for external processing on our behalf.
Celigo may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Inquiring About Your Data:
If you have a question or complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, please contact us at: GDPR/Security/Compliance Contacts
Celigo is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC. For information regarding our security measures, please visit our integrator.io Security web page.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Celigo commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information.
European Union or Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Celigo at: GDPR/Security/Compliance Contacts ,
If you do not believe Celigo resolved your requested actions adequately, contact:
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – EU Representative:
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Celigo Inc., has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR by:
– Using EDPO’s online request form at https://www.edpo.brussels/contact
– Writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – UK Representative:
Pursuant to the UK GDPR, Celigo has appointed EDPO UK Ltd as its UK GDPR representative in the UK. You can contact EDPO UK regarding matters pertaining to the UK GDPR by:
– Using EDPO UK’s online request form: https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-data-request/
– Writing to EDPO UK at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom
Celigo has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to ICDR-AAA for the Annex I Binding Arbitration Mechanism, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit ICDR-AAA for the Annex I Binding Arbitration Mechanism, for more information or to file a complaint. The services of ICDR-AAA for the Annex I Binding Arbitration Mechanism, are provided at no cost to you.
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland, you can report this to your local Data Protection Authority (“DPA”), or if you are in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office(“ICO”).
For Human Resources Data Only:
Celigo commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable, and comply with the advice given by the panel or Commissioner, with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU or Switzerland, to the United States in the context of the employment relationship. EU individuals wishing to reach their area DPA’s may locate them by going to http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. Swiss individuals wishing to contact their local FDPIC may locate them by going to https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/links/data-protection—switzerland.html. Celigo is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”).
Personal information definition
For the purposes of the Privacy Shield Principles “personal information” means information that: (1) is transferred from the EEA or Switzerland to the U.S.; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about or pertains to a specific individual; (4) can be linked to that individual; and (5) is collected by Celigo in connection with Celigo business activities. Personal information does not include data that is de-identified, anonymous or publicly available.
Use of Your Data:
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Inquiries, Requests and Notifications : We use your contact information, identifiers, and commercial information to respond to your inquiries, complaints and suggestions and to notify you about any changes to our Sites, products or services.Legal Basis for Processing : To meet our contractual obligations to you or our customers, your consent, and, where appropriate, our legitimate interests .
- Provision of Products and Services: We use your contact information, identifiers, user generated content, audio/visual data, commercial information and inferences to provide you or our customers with requested products or services.Legal Basis for Processing : To meet our contractual obligations to you or our customers, your consent, and, where appropriate, our legitimate interests .
- Employment: We use your contact information, identifiers, employment information, applicant information, audio/visual data, applicant data, employment information, financial information, and inferences to evaluate your suitability for a position and to manage and facilitate our employment relationship with you, including for human resources management.Legal Basis for Processing: To meet our contractual obligations to you or our customers, your consent, and, where appropriate, our legitimate interests.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, commercial information, social media profiles, user generated content, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.Legal Basis for Processing : To meet our contractual obligations to you or our customers, your consent, and, where appropriate, our legitimate interests .
- Marketing Purposes : We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, usage data, geolocation data, social media profile, user generated content, audio/visual data, and inferences to send you our marketing communications, register you for an event, improve our marketing efforts, create social media posts or advertisements, and provide you with information about us and our products and services, including personalized marketing communications.Legal Basis for Processing : To meet our contractual obligations to you or our customers, your consent, and, where appropriate, our legitimate interests .
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Sites, Products, and Services : We use your contact information, commercial information, identifiers, user generated content, social media profiles, geolocation data, audio/visual data, and usage data to improve our products, services and Sites, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites.Legal Basis for Processing : To meet our contractual obligations to you or our customers, your consent, and, where appropriate, our legitimate interests .
- Security and Fraud Prevention : We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, social media profiles, user generated content, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, and inferences to protect our Sites and Services; protect us, our affiliated companies, our employees, and others; and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.Legal Basis for Processing : Our legitimate interests to protect our organization and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal : We use your contact information, identifiers, social media profiles, commercial information, user generated content, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend us in legal proceedings, and protect us and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.Legal Basis for Processing: Our legitimate interests to protect our organization and to comply with our legal obligations.
Combination of Data
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to create inferences about you. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising and analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Information included in this analysis is the number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site, if this is a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. Please see below for a listing of our analytics providers.
- Essential cookies : These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that allow you access to a members only part of the site or help the content of our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with these services.
- Functionality cookies : These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected such as login details or other selections you may have made. These are designed to make it easier to use our site and not have to set the same preferences every time.
- Social Media cookies : We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. If you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network.
- Advertising cookies : These cookies allow us to track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with your permission, we use third party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform. Within these cookies, we may also know your precise location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location specific information.
Check our cookie guidance for a listing of the cookies running on our Sites and additional information for opting out of interest-based advertising. To change your cookie preferences, please click here.
Do Not Track Signals?
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will share your information in the following ways.
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Marketing/Analytics/Advertising Partners: We may share personal information with third-party marketing, analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, for commercial purposes such as sending you marketing emails and advertisements.
Third Party Links
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Choices and Individual Rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. We outline your choices below:
- Google AdWords/Analytics : Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on—https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout—for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- Facebook : You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is:
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
3 Lagoon Drive, Suite 130, Redwood City, CA 94065
Country/Region/State Specific Provisions
For residents of California, the following additional provisions apply to you.
Shine The Light: If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. The California Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] and include “CA Shine the Light” in the subject line of your email.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosures:
Categories and sources of personal information we collect: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: contact information, identifiers, social media profiles, user generated content, commercial information, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, health information, applicant data, employment information, sensitive information, and inferences. For details about the data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Information We Collect and Methods of Collecting Information sections above.
Sale of Information: We may sell or share personal information as those terms are defined in the CCPA.
Disclosure for a business purpose: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for the business purposes set forth in the Sharing and Disclosure section above to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Contact Information||service providers, government entities|
|Identifiers||service providers, marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Social Media Profiles||service providers, marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|User Generated Content||service providers, marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Commercial Information||service providers, government entities, marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Usage Data||service providers,
|Geolocation data||service providers,
|Audio/Visual Data||service providers,
|Health Information||Service providers|
|Applicant Data||Service providers|
|Employment Information||service providers, government entities|
|Financial Information||service providers, government entities|
|Sensitive Information||service providers, government entities|
For a more expansive description of the categories of recipients, please see the Sharing and Disclosure section above.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
Subject to certain exceptions, the CCPA affords California consumers the following rights:
- The Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or SoldYou have a right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you in the preceding 12 months. You can also request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal InformationYou can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the exceptions to the CCPA applies. Please note that if we delete your personal information, the Services provided may not maintain the same functionality. For example, your previous opt-out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of InformationYou have a right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. The CCPA defines a “sale” as disclosing or making available to a third party personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. While we do not sell personal information for monetary value, we may disclose personal information to third parties, such as marketing/analytics/advertising partners, in such a way that may be considered a “sale” of personal information under the CCPA. We do not sell personal information of minors who we know are under 16 years of age. You also have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. The CCPA defines “sharing” as disclosure of personal information to a third party “for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration.”
- The Right to Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal InformationYour have the right to limit the use of “sensitive personal information” to that which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests such goods or services” or for the performance of specific enumerated business purposes.
- Right to Access Information About, and Opt-Out of, Automated Decision-Making TechnologyYou have the right to request information concerning and to opt-out of the use of automated decision-making technology and profiling.
- Right to Not Be Discriminated AgainstYou have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you, deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate InformationYou have the right to request that we update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate or incomplete.Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA To exercise any of your CCPA rights, please click here or call us at 1-833 235-4461. For all requests, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request.
Further, in order to verify your identity, we will provide a verification form to you at your email address. Please be aware that you must complete the verification form and submit it to us in order for us to match that information to the information we have in our systems and process your request. Additionally, some requests may be subject to additional identity verification procedure. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization to us at [email protected].
European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, the following additional provisions apply to you.
Controller: For employees customers, site visitors, and prospective customers, the controller of your personal information is Celigo, Inc. For all others, we act as a processor only.
Disclosure and Cross-Border Transfer: Personal information that is shared with affiliates and third parties as described in this Privacy Statement is done pursuant to contracts that include the requisite protections under the GDPR or UK GDPR, as applicable. We are a global company, and your personal information will be shared among us and transferred outside of your country of residence. By using the Sites or Services, you acknowledge your personal information may be transferred to and processed in jurisdictions outside your own and that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal information transferred to the United States or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence. In accordance with GDPR and UK GDPR, personal information that is transferred outside of the European Economic Area is conducted in accordance with compliant arrangements such as data transfer agreements that contain standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission that provide safeguards for such transfers or legally recognized certifications.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we:
- confirm whether we are processing your personal information;
- provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal information in a commonly used, machine readable format;
- update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- cancel or delete your personal information in certain circumstances;
- to limit processing of or stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances including for marketing activities and profiling for marketing activities and profiling for statistical purposes;
- or to revoke consent previously granted to the extent permitted by law.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at [email protected]. You must use “GDPR Request” in the subject line of your email. For all requests, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request.
Further, in order to verify your identity, we will provide a verification form to you at your email address. Please be aware that you must complete the verification form and submit it to us in order for us to match that information to the information we have in our systems and process your request.
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any matters related to the use and disclosure of your personal information.
Right to Lodge a Complaint. For EU/EEA residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. Contact information for your supervisory authority may be found here. For residents of the United Kingdom, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Representative in EU /EEA: Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Celigo Inc., has appointed European Data Protection Office ( EDPO) as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR by: (1) Using EDPO’s online request form at https://www.edpo.brussels/contact; or (2) Writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
Representative in the UK: Pursuant to the UK GDPR, Celigo has appointed EDPO UK Ltd as its UK GDPR representative in the UK. You can contact EDPO UK regarding matters pertaining to the UK GDPR by: (1) Using EDPO UK’s online request form: https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-data-request/; or (2) writing to EDPO UK at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom
Updated: April 06, 2023 – v10